Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

SANTA!


So we decided that the line was too long at Saturday's outing to wait to see Santa. Instead we went to the mall yesterday morning. It was great timing. There was no one in line - the picture guy was reading the paper. I thought it would probably go pretty well as they are really getting into the idea of Christmas. I bought them an Elmo movie about Christmas and they ask to watch it everyday at least once. Also my mom got them a Little People Nativity set and they have played with it almost non-stop. The stable plays "Away in a Manger" and the star lights up at the push of a button. As with any button prompted action this is a big hit. We've also started our advent calendar and while I'm sure they don't really get it they like to watch me move the elf and say "Merry Kissmes" each morning. Anyway, Jack must have thought that Santa didn't know his alphabet and so recited it for him several times. Santa was nice enough to sing along at least once. Charlie didn't have much to say but did give Santa several fives and sat very nicely during the whole thing. That was a feat in itself for Charlie who rarely stops moving. They took about 5 shots before the boys started trying to get down. I thought this one was pretty good.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

That is a great picture of them both!