On Saturday the boys and I went to the bowling alley for Meredith's birthday party. I really had no idea how it would go. I expected that at least one of them would not like all the noise, etc. I was very wrong. They loved it. There was a little ramp type thing that they could put the ball on and push it down. They really enjoyed getting their yellow ball, carrying it to the ramp, pushing it down and running immediately back to the ball return to watch for their yellow ball. Charlie even bowled a strike once, but that was completely lost on them, they didn't care at all about the pins. Daddy was out of town so sweet birthday girl Meredith was stuck helping me to corral them both while we were there. They adore her and would much rather hang with her than me anyway.
In shoe news - we went yesterday to have their feet measured. I was pretty sure that Jack had outgrown most if not all of his shoes. It had gotten to the point that he would pitch a total fit when we would try to go anywhere and then we would battle to get his shoes on for 5 or so minutes. It turns out I was right. When we had their feet measured last year at this time Jack wore a 7.5 wide, and Charlie wore a 7 wide. Yesterday Jack measured just over a 9.5 wide and Charlie measured just over an 8 maybe wide depending on the shoe. The bad news is Jack has been wearing 8's and 9's (obviously too small, thus the fits and battles), the good news is that at least for the time being I'll only have to buy new shoes for Jack as Charlie can wear Jack's old ones. We bought Jack some cool new tennis shoes while we were there and boy is he proud of them. He ran several laps around the store before we left and kept them on for the rest of the day.

1 comment:
I would have bet they would like the bowling alley... afterall, their mom is a pro! Did you bring your personalized ball? ;)
Post a Comment