Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Duck race



Last weekend I took the boys to their first duck race (first of many I'm sure). My uncle John is the big wig at the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Tennessee Valley and the Great Knoxville Rubber Duck Race is one of their biggest fund raisers. It is also a family tradition. We ride the river boat up to see the ducks be dropped into the Tennessee then back down towards the finish line.


They really seemed to enjoy the boat ride which was surprisingly cool due to the nice breeze. Aunt Phyllis carried Jack around while aunt Julie wrangled Charlie, giving me a nice break as well. I did feel like a terrible mother though. While slathering Jack in sunscreen, I apparently got it in his eye which was swollen and red the whole time we were there. He didn't act like it hurt but I felt bad none the less. (Shortly after this picture was taken of Charlie he threw his green duck overboard. I guess he wanted his own entry. Apparently, it landed on the lower deck and was returned to us by a nice deckhand later on.)

No comments: