I still have not been able to get Charlie to sit up in front of me. He almost exclusively does it in his bed and only when no one is looking. He has started pulling up some and spent most of the day climbing me and aunt Ria as if we were mountains. When Jack sees Charlie "in my lap" (I use that loosely to mean hanging off me in some way) he always wants to be there too. So I have to find a way to pick him up while keeping Charlie from falling and seriously hurting himself.
Last night my dad came over and helped us lower their mattresses. Not a moment too soon, as Charlie spent all day finding new things to do. I went out to run some errands and when I came back he crawled over a ride on toy to get to me.
He also truly believes that he can walk. He will pull up on one thing and then launch himself at something else. He has been taking steps while holding your hands for quite a while now (since before he could crawl) but you have to do all the balancing. He seems to not know that you are helping him and will let go if your not careful only to fall on his face.
Jack practiced lots of steps today too and is getting much better about standing flat on his feet. Maybe he is going to skip crawling all together. On the other hand he may be planning to "employ" Charlie as his go get boy.
Anyway, I thought Charlie deserved a little video time too. He is very ticklish, so here you have it.
Dance Recital Time
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment